MAKING LEARNING FUN
Co-located to the TIE 2019 – 3rd EAI International Conference on Technology, Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Education
October 16, 2019
Making Learning Fun workshop will be held as part of the 3rd EAI International Conference on Technology, Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Education, on October 16, 2019, in Braga, Portugal.
Making Learning Fun workshop focuses on playful learning environments integrating interactive storytelling strategies and game-based thinking to support learning objectives. It aims to bring together international scholars of game, education, media arts, and design to initiate a dialogue to explore ways of motivating and captivating learners through the playful use of technology and innovative design. The workshop will provide a collaborative forum to exchange ideas, to discuss novel research, projects, and experiences on active and emerging topics of game-based learning, creative technologies, and playful thinking.
“Making Learning Fun” workshop organizing committee strongly encourages the participants to prepare their workshops highly interactive to facilitate a lively exchange of ideas among attendees. The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Playful learning environments
- Digital toys and learning
- Educational uses of interactive storytelling
- Creative learning tools
- Educational games
- Gamification and learning
- Digital entertainment and learning
- Research methods for playful learning and design
- Designing playful educational media
- New digital platforms as learning environments
- Interface design for playful learning media
- Playful learning for educators
- Gaming Literacy
- Play as a media literacy skill
Workshop papers will be published together with the Conference Proceedings.
Papers should be submitted through Confy System by June 15, 2019. The authors will be notified of the decision by July 10, 2019. The submission deadline for camera-ready material is July 28, 2019.
Workshop papers (maximum of 6 pages including references) should include the following:
- Title and organizers (names, affiliations, email, identify one primary contact person).
- Description of workshop: its format, topic, goals, and expected outcomes. (formatted according to the Springer LNICST Authors’ Kit.)
- Statement regarding how the workshop can benefit the conference attendees/community
Submissions will be peer-reviewed and rated using the following criteria:
- Relevance to the workshop topics
- The overall quality of contribution
Submission deadline: 15 June 2019
Notification deadline: 10 July 2019
Camera-ready deadline: 28 July 2019